Frequently Asked Questions
- I don't know anything about web design or computers? Can you help me step by step through the design process?
Of course we can! We are willing to and have worked with all levels of users. We work very closely with each and every client so they get the website that will best fit their business needs. All of our custom built administrative tools are easy to use and Microsoft Word like.
- What is a domain name and where do I get one?
A domain name is the web address of your website. For example, our domain name is: Chicowebdesign.com. As a business owner, you should purchase and control your domain name and they can typically be purchased for under $15 a year. We recommend dotdnr.com
- What if I already have a website, but would like to make changes to it?
No problem! We also do website upgrades, re-designs, and maintenance. If you are looking for a more professional design, or if you are just looking to make minor changes, please feel free to contact us.
- How long does it take for a project to be completed?
It depends on the specific requirements of your project. Generally speaking, you will begin to see initial design comps within 1-2 weeks. Any web design or development project takes open lines of communication between yourself and us and turn around will depend upon this.
- How much input will I have in the "Look and Feel" of my website?
You have full control over the outcome of your site. After all, it’s your business
- What if I don't know what I want my site to look like?
If you are not sure what you want your website to look like we are more than willing to give you our professional opinion of what might look best for your business.
- What are the benefits of a website?
Because everyone’s doing it! Seriously though, the Internet is a very affordable media and it functions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with no labor costs to watch it. The Internet has the most inexpensive and widespread marketing capabilities ever seen.
- How long until my site is searched or spidered?
Usually, it can take up to 2 or 3 weeks. We cannot speak for all of the search engines, but generally we notice results in about the 2 to 3 week range. There are a few things you can do to speed the process up. The best thing to do is to have us create a splash page, or a coming soon page. This will let the search engines know that there is something here, even if it’s nothing but a logo, it will be a place holder, so once it is live, Google is already aware of it’s presence.
- Did we answer your questions? Please feel free to contact us.